Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Girls just wanna wear jorts

As much as I hate combining words, I'm coming around to "jorts", the bastardization of "jean shorts." It's just so ANNOYING to have to ask the Goodwill lady where they keep their jean shorts stock. I'd rather just say "hey girlfriend, where those jorts at?" Me and the Goodwill lady are on excellent terms, by the way.

Why the sudden obsession with jorts? Because Portland is proving itself to be a damn fine place in the springtime every 14 days or so. And once every two weeks, I want to be ready with my summer finery! Also, I can't wait until my summer finery consists of fancier things than frayed denim shorts. My previous pair, which I will call Hotpants McPaintStains, really needs to be retired. They are glorified jean underpanties. So, the search for a suitable replacement begins. And I won't rest until they're acquired for under $10!

No comments: