Saturday, April 2, 2011

Skirt-us maximus

Honestly, I'm writing this post because if I see Jean Seberg's adorable face staring back at me for one more day, I will chop all of my hair off. AND THAT CANNOT HAPPEN. Guys, I have a passion for long hair the way that some people have a passion for world peace. I wish I were kidding, but I look at my hair far more than I look for headlines about what's happening in Libya.

Vain declarations aside, I do have something worth chatting about. MAXI SKIRTS. As I explained in my "Jean Seberg is super hot" post, I have a thing for wanting the exact opposite of what I have. Such is the human condition. Therefore, since I live in Portland (rain, rain, GET OUT OF HERE) and bike/walk to most of my destinations, my wardrobe doesn't really have a place for floor-length skirts and dresses. The miniskirts that I loved wearing in frigid Chicago temperatures are actually perfect for biking (while wearing leggings, obvi). Which is why I can't stand them, and only want long skirts. But they are just so romantic and whimsical and wonderful! I feel like I'm always sweeping into places when I wear longer lengths, and there really is nothing better than a grand entrance.

My solution? Buy 'em up cheap at thrift stores and fasten 'em up with a rubberband when I'm biking. It may not be the most attractive solution, but neither is shortenin' my words, and that certainly hasn't stopped me in the past.

No comments: